Terms & Conditions February/March 2020
A chance to win a collection of New Zealand Winemaker of the Year Wines
Instructions on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Entry is open to residents of Australia (excluding residents from the Northern Territory) aged 18 years and over. Employees of the Promoter, associated agencies and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
2. The promotion commences 12.01am AEDT 27/1/2020 and closes at 11:59pm AEDT on 29/3/2020 (“Promotional Period”). The judging will be conducted by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The judging will take place at the GT WINE office, Ford Sherington House, 119 Kippax St, Surry Hills, NSW, Australia 2010. The winner will be notified by telephone and/or via email using the contact details given in their entry.
3.To enter, individuals must either: (a) call (02) 8227 6486 to purchase a subscription to Gourmet Traveller WINE magazine, then they will be requested to provide their details and to provide an answer to the question: “Tell us in 25 words why you would like to win this outstanding collection of New Zealand wines?”, or (b) visit subscriptions.gourmettravellerwine.com and follow the prompts to purchase a print subscription to Gourmet Traveller WINE magazine, input the requested details and an answer to the question: “Tell us in 25 words or less why you would like to win outstanding collection of New Zealand wines?” and submit the fully completed online entry form as instructed; or (c) visit subscriptions.gourmettravellerwine.com and purchase a digital subscription for 12 months (6 issues) of Gourmet Traveller WINE then follow the prompts, input the requested details and answer to the question: “Tell us in 25 words or less why you would like to win this outstanding collection of New Zealand wines?”, and submit the fully completed online entry form as instructed. Entrants acknowledge and agree that a subscription to Gourmet Traveller WINE Magazine is subject to the Promoter’s Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions, located at http://gourmettravellerwine.com/subscription-terms-and-conditions/
4. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be substantially unique; (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; and (c) a limit of one entry per subscription.
5. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
6. This is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on the literary and creative merit of the answer to the question provided. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the promotion will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. The best and most creative and imaginative valid entry, as determined by the judges, will win the following prize.
9. The prize consists of 16 outstanding wines from the winners and finalists of NZ winemaker of the Year 2020.
Prices are recommended retails prices and may vary from place to place.
2017 Valli Pinot Noir, $69
2016 Valli Pinot Gris, $30
2017 Millton Opou Vineyard Chardonnay, $35
2016 Millton Riverpoint Vineyard Viognier, $26
2017 Te Whare Ra Single Vineyard Riesling D, $28
2015 Te Whare Ra Single Vineyard Pinot Noir, $75
2018 Vavasour Papa Sauvignon Blanc, $28
2018 Vavasour Papa Pinot Noir, $41
2015 Esk Valley The Terraces, $160
2016 Esk Valley Winemakers Reserve Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon Malbec, $70
2016 Escarpment Pinot Noir, $46
2018 Escarpment Chardonnay, $34
2018 Providore Pinot Noir, $39
2018 Providore Luminaire Blanc de Noir, $25
2018 Akarua Bannockburn Pinot Noir, $45
2016 Akarua Siren Pinot Noir, $110Total Value $861
10. Prices are recommended retails prices and may vary from place to place.
11. All care is taken to promote the correct price at the time of publishing.
12. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming a prize, including flights and travel expenses are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner. The prize, or any unused portion of a prize, is not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. A prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. The prizes are valued in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value.
13. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
14. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification.
15. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any prize damaged in transit in the delivery of a prize.
16. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
17. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
18. If an entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of the entrant’s circumstances and the validity of the entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion. If an entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the Terms and Conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their circumstances, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner signs any such legal documentation.
19. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and its agents (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
20. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
The Promoter is GT Wine Magazine Pty Limited (ABN 37 601 450 846) of Ford Sherington House, 119 Kippax St, Surry Hills, NSW 2010, Australia.